Monday 4 May 2015

Kristine's Taleathon results!

I finished two books that I had started before the readathon, Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton, and Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews. The former was an audiobook and the latter a paperback from the library. I also read Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland and Blue is the Warmest Colour by Julie Maroh. In addition to this I tried reading something different from what I normally read and went for some poetry, I picked 10 poems from my Norton Anthology of American Literature (because I don't own a single poetry book) and read those too.

How I did with the challenges, I've put a line through the ones I succeeded with:
Read a graphic novel or comic.
Read something translated. 
Read something by a non-white author
Read something by a LGBTQIA author
Read a different text type/format than you normally read 

Dun dun dun! 

Of the books I read I think I liked Blue is the Warmest Colour best it was quiet and loud (what do you mean contradictory?) and frustrating in the best kind of way. Magic Burns was fun too, and Guilty Pleasures was a re-read for me, and I discovered that I'd forgotten a lot of it (not surprising), but it was still fun (if not as great as I remembered, but then I was 14 when I read it first. Ten years make a difference). Vengeance Bound was not for me, I liked the concept, but not the writing or the characters. It started strong, but then fell apart for me. The poetry was poetry, I spent about two hours reading a selection of poems and some I liked, others I couldn't figure out and I really don't have the patience for thinking too long about them... 

No comments:

Post a Comment