Monday 11 May 2015

BoB13: Bookish Survey

This is a challenge hosted by Lori at Writing My Own Fairy Tale. And since challenges are fun (and social, which is half the bout of books fun) I thought I'd join in. 

The questions in this challenge are as follows:

1. How do you organize your shelves?
I tried to organize them by genre/type and then just go alphabetically, but because I've got a three-layer thing going on in one shelf, and the other is very long under a sloping ceiling I inevitably end up re-arranging that bit by height (even though I've had it by genre/alphabet before).  Below are pictures, well, the first one is mostly just a blur, but you get the idea, that's the one with three layers! Sorry about the quality of some of these photos, it is super dark and rainy outside today and my room is not very well lit. 


My unread books are in actual piles:
 Then there's my looooong shelf, which didn't fit into one picture, so you get two. The second picture starting where the first ends:



2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres?
I don't know. Most of what I read these days is fantasy or young adult. I think I'll have to say Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf or Goodbye to Berlin by Christopher Isherwood perhaps? This is too hard!




3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
According to Goodreads that was Råta by Siri Pettersen, which is probably true (for now). The last English-language 5 star book I read was Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, which was super sweet and made me cry a lot. 



4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
All of them? While I am very exited to get through most of my currently reading list (7 books in total, 6 left at time of writing). I'm probably most exited about finishing Carmilla and How to Build a Girl because I have no idea why I haven't already (okay, so maybe I lost How to Build a Girl for a little bit, but then I found it and should have finished it, but no whatever I'd started in between was super exiting and so forth). 



5. What book do you recommend the most?
It's probably Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch becaus the Peter Grant series is my favourite! Magic, London and a great mix of the horrible with the hilarious! 
The objects in this photo has nothing to do with what is inside the book, I was just too lazy to move them. 

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to checking out Rivers of London!! Thanks for the tip!

    Here's a link to my Bookish Survey: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/bookish-survey-bout-of-books-130.html

    ReplyDelete