Tuesday 12 May 2015

Katastrofekats taleathon reaults

Better late then never, right? Here are my initial tbr:

And the challenges was this
Read a graphic novel or comic.
Read something translated. 
Read something by a non-white author
Read something by a LGBTQIA author
Read a different text type/format than you normally read

As you can see, I completet them all. I read Gunnerkrigg Court by Thomas Siddell for a graphic novel, Baise Moi by Virginie Despentes for a translated book (originally in french and I read it in norwegian), Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn as a book by a non-white author, Black Iris by Leah Raeder for a book by an LGBTQIA author and The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and other stories by Tim Burton for a format I don't usually read, as I rearly read poetry.

All in all, I read these books:

Baise moi by Virginie Despentes
Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn
Black Iris by Leah Raeder
The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy by Tim Burton
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Gunnerkrigg Court Volume 1 by Thomas Siddell 
Blood and Guts in High School by Kathy Acker 

I manged to read seven things in all for this readathon, which I'm pretty pleased about, but I'm mostly excited about the fact that I read outisde of my usual comfort sone, which is always good to do on occation. And I read all my tbr books, which never happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment