Monday 6 October 2014

Kristine's TBR #9: October 2014

ooops I did it again?

As you can see, my pile hasn't shrunk this month, rather the opposite, but in my defense I only bought two books. The "problem" is that I didn't read enough & that one of the new books is really fat. I read books, but a lot of them were digital. Let's list them:

  • Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
  • Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April G. Tucholke
  • Sleep Donation by Karen Russel (novella)
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Out of all these the only one was in my phyisical TBR pile. Two were e-books, one was a library borrowed audiobook (CDs!). So I've read as much as I wanted to (if not exactly what I planned on reading), but not the "right" things for pile shrinking. I'm just reading whatever I feel like at the moment, so the focus has shifted a bit. I think I want something new and fresh (to me) or I'll just not read at all and forcing myself to pick from a pile where all the titles (if not the content) are familiar isn't that tempting at the moment. I also bought some ebooks and I'm deep into one of them at the moment (Under the Empyrean Sky by Chuck Wendig). Therefore there will be no immediate TBR pile for October. 

The only thing I know for sure I'll be reading is the Bone Clocks by David Mitchell as we are reading that this month (and I'm sorry we haven't communicated this well, I do recommend being part of our Goodreads group if you can as that actually sends out reminders).

No comments:

Post a Comment