Tuesday 29 January 2013

February book pick: Every Day

Cover of David Levithan's novel Every Day
Title: Every Day
Author: David Levithan
First published: 2012

Copy & Paste from Goodreads:

Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day


Why we chose this novel and what we want from it:
  
It is a YA Sci-fi/fantasy novel, so it checks a lot of boxes for both Kiwie and Katastrofekat. 

Kiwie: I love David Levithan, he's not my favorite writer nor the best one out there, but I've thouroughly enjoyed what I've read from him, such as The Lover's Dictionary and Boy Meets Boy. The light and sweet books that he wrote with Rachel Cohn, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson written with John Green. So I bought Every Day when it came out (and jumped with joy at the bookstore when I saw that there exists a Norwegian translation!), but due to a neverending to-read list, I haven't quite gotten round to i yet, but now I have no excuse.

I am intrigued by the concept of waking up in a different body every morning, and hope that Levithan can pull this story off, the premise is fascinating and probably very difficult to write. I also hope the love bit isn't sickeningly sweet, but charming and perfectly angsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment